Have you ever wondered what are the characteristics that must be taken into account to compare internet providers?
You need this information to choose the one that best suits your needs.
Today we will give you the necessary tips so that you can analyze the internet speeds you need in your home, and if one internet provider suits you more than another. So, let’s start.
The basic to compare Internet Providers in My Area
If I want to compare internet providers in my area, these are the things I should have as a priority and that you need to consider:
- The speed of the connection.
- The limit on the use of data (in case it’s not unlimited internet).
- Devices that you will have connected simultaneously to the Internet.
- How often will you make Internet calls (VOIP) or video chat.
- The different types of streaming that you are going to use(Spotify, Netflix, amazon prime, Hulu, Alexa, etc.).
- Amount of time playing online with consoles (Xbox, Play Station, Nintendo Switch, etc).
- If you’re going to work uploading or downloading large files from the network.
Let us also take into account that it is not only about comparing the internet providers that we find, the different internet home providers have coverage of areas in a smaller or greater percentage.
This means that the service offered by each provider is distributed by the zip code of each zone. For example, there are cases where your friends who live in another area of the same city have Spectrum, but it turns out that in your area this provider does not have coverage.
Compare Internet Providers – 5 Important Aspects
1 – Let’s define What We Need
The first thing is to determine what we want to do when connecting to the internet.
For example, if it is to attend few activities, such as checking emails or watching a video on YouTube from time to time, a basic package would be more than enough.
Instead, if we use the network to watch movies, series, or to play online with other people, then a powerful connection is required. This is usually associated with higher costs.
Imagine that it is a family of four, for example, it is also advisable to have an effective connection. In a case like this, it would not be surprising to find different devices: 4 smartphones, laptops, videogames consoles, and maybe a desktop.
If all these devices are going to be connected to the network, the connection speed and restrictions on the data limit that can be consumed monthly are definitely very important.
2 – Technical Aspects
There are several questions to ask when trying to compare internet providers:
- The first thing is to determine if they have a wireless connection available. If this is the case, it is also useful to know how fast it is. Considering the features of modern devices, a Wi-Fi connection that doesn’t take much time will always be a good option.
- We could say that a connection speed of more than 10 Mbps (megabits per second, each equivalent to one million bits) is enough to comfortably perform most of the activities that require the internet.
- It is also important to assess whether there is a limit on the downloads that can be made of different types of files. From a realistic point of view, currently the ideal would be to have a speed of 25 Mbps
3 – Security
Security is essential. In these times where there are hackers and there is a risk of massive theft of personal information through the internet.
Ideally, the internet service provider can cover two fronts:
- The protection of the IP address (unique number that identifies the computer) against possible attacks. Thus ensuring that there is no risk to the user’s devices.
- The e-mails. The company should offer tools to prevent the client from receiving attached files and addresses from websites that contain viruses.
4 – Customer Service
Imagine the following scenario: “Ough! The Internet stopped working and I have an urgency to make a payment through electronic banking… how do I solve the problem now?”
Communication with the company is essential. Does it offer immediate assistance? Or when trying to contact the technical support department are recorded messages heard and we ended up unable to find that immediate assistance?
When there is a problem of this type, which can be extremely frustrating for the user. Everything is summed up in how this type of incident is dealt with and how quickly a solution can be obtained.
5 – Costs
Finally, the price to pay for the internet service. This is a primary consideration, no doubt.
Below we present a list of all aspects to consider in this regard to compare internet providers, evaluate, and make a decision.
- The value of the monthly subscription.
- Is there an installation cost?
- Are the equipment you need for the operation of the service, such as the modem, included in the total price to be paid or must we buy them separately?
- What does the package they offer you include? Email, own website, for example? If so, do you need it? If not, it is preferable to consider another option. These services could increase the cost without need.
- Are there additional charges that vary depending on the payment method you prefer?
- Does the technical support service, antivirus and similar security tools have an extra cost?
- The conditions of the contract (if applicable) and the duration of the contract must also be carefully analyzed.
These have been the aspects you need to compare internet providers. Analyze our options, and select the one that best suits our online needs.
We hope that our little tutorial has been of great help for the doubts you had regarding the internet provider you are looking for.
If you need help choosing a better provider, we’re here to help. Call us now completely free and one of our specialist will help today.