Mass Effect Andromeda has a multiplayer element, and in our humble opinion, it’s awesome. Instead of going head to head—which we secretly hoped for—players must work cooperatively to take out wave after wave of brutal alien forces. Players must also complete objectives for the Andromeda Initiative while killing enemies. Even if you carry out the task first, you […]Read more...
1Show OfferingsFor special promotions in your area call (877) 828-8759
- $49.99/mo for 25 mbps
- 25 mbps ↓ and 4.0 mbps ↑
- 1-year promo rate. Regular rate is $79.99.
- Contract Term: 2 years
2Show OfferingsFor special promotions in your area call (800) 350-9324
- 1-2 Employees
- With 2-yr agreement
- Equipment, installation, taxes, and other applicable charges extra, and subject to change during and after promotion. May not be combined with other offers
3Show OfferingsFor special promotions in your area call (855) 303-2630
- Up to 300Mbps download speeds with upload speeds of up to 7Mbps in all locations, up to 20Mbps in some locations 1-year promo rate.
- Plan not available in all markets. Pricing varies depending on your business’ specific needs. Speak with an agent to verify.
- Modem included.
1Show OfferingsFor special promotions in your area call (888) 328-5885
- Speeds up to 75 Mbps
- Reliability and high speed with fiber-optic technology
- No data caps
- Professional Installation (required): $69.95
- Modem: Use of EarthLink provided modem with Wi-Fi is required. An additional modem fee of either $6.95 per month or a one-time fee of $74.95 will apply.
- Term Commitment (contract): 12 months
- Early Termination Fee: Up to $200.00
2Show OfferingsFor special promotions in your area call (800) 837-4966
- Video chat, stream movies and upload and share on multiple tablets and gaming consoles all at once.
- Standard setup charge is waived ($99.99 value).
- Fios Internet - No annual contract
- Limited-time online offer for new Fios Internet residential customers subscribing to a Fios 100/100 Mbps Internet plan. Promo rates via bill credits and increase after promo period. $10/mo. router charge and ther fees, taxes, equip. charges & terms may apply. Auto Pay (ACH or bank debit card only) & paper-free billing req’d. Subj. to credit approval & may require a deposit.
3Show OfferingsFor special promotions in your area call (800) 280-5849
- Terms: 12 months
- Terms: No contract required
- Security: Suite included
- Speed: Starting at 100 Mbps
- Internet modem included
- No data caps or extra fees
4Show OfferingsFor special promotions in your area call (888) 387-7910
- Modem with WiFi included
- Contract Term: 2 years
- 50 GB Bonus Bytes from 2am - 8am
- Equipment non-return and additional fees apply
- Additional Fees. Equipment lease or purchase required.
- Free standard installation for new Lease subscribers. Not valid with Purchase option.
- Early Termination Fees and/or Unreturned Equipment Fees
5Show OfferingsFor special promotions in your area call (877) 828-8759
- Modem w/ WiFi: $9.99/mo
- Setup: $50.00 (Includes activation and free professional installation.)
- 25 mbps ↓ and -- mbps ↑ w/ no data cap.
- Includes one-time $100 bill credit
Historical District of Columbia Internet Speeds Over Time
Speed test results show an average of 39.61 Mbps download and 17.44 Mbps upload speeds across all mobile, tablet, and desktop devices tested. Take a look at the charts below for an at-a-glance view of of speed test results by device.
Nearby District of Columbia Internet Speeds by City
Latest Internet Broadband News for Washington, District of Columbia
Recently, the Internet has been buzzing with news about net neutrality and the impact government regulations have over standard Internet operations.Read more...
Recent debates over net neutrality, the principle that Internet data should be treated equally, and FCC regulation may decide the future of the Internet.Read more...
Politicians, large corporations that provide Internet services, and public interest groups all continue to argue about the somewhat esoteric concept of…Read more...
Here are some Netflix new releases that have the ability to change your life. Happy streaming!Read more...
In a sense, satellite Internet service is the red-headed stepchild of the industry. While it allows those in underserved rural regions to enjoy access to the Web, generally poor speeds combined with monthly bandwidth limits hamper the quality of service to those users. Some satellite ISPs even place additional bandwidth caps on their customers during […]Read more...
Competition is good for business, and the broadband market is no exception. Austin has proven how Google Fiber in US cities could strengthen the market.Read more...
Of course, the issues around the FCC Net Neutrality repeal continue unabated. Ajit Pai’s move remains unpopular with Americans of all political stripes. In fact, the governor of a red state, Montana, recently issued a “repeal of the repeal.” Additionally, AT&T introduced an Internet Bill of Rights with an eye towards codifying this nebulous issue […]Read more...
The recent Mobile World Congress is one of the highlights of the technology industry. As usual, this year’s event took place in Barcelona; click here to read our coverage of the coolest mobile devices announced at MWC. This time out, we look at some of the interesting 5G news announcements. With AT&T scheduled to bring […]Read more...
The recent news about FCC chief, Ajit Pai, planning to repeal Net Neutrality continues to dominate the technology landscape. We’ve previously covered the controversial topic extensively. This includes discussing the 2015 FCC ruling largely formalizing the Net Neutrality concepts in place since the Internet first reached critical mass. Let’s take a closer look at the […]Read more...