Find a Provider
Facebook now has thousands of games for its users to play. A user can play action, puzzle, fantasy, or casino games all day long for free, but the games require the user’s information and access to post on the user’s pages. There may come a time when a user will want to remove these games. How does one delete Facebook games? Read on.
Although we call them games, they are actually apps. Apps are not necessarily games. They can include news feeds, sites, or other programs that have access to the user’s account. All these apps will have certain access to profile information, settings, or posting rights agreed upon by the user.
Delete Facebook Games
To remove any app from the account, just do the following:
- Log on to Facebook
- Click the gear symbol at the top right of any page.
- Select the “Account Settings” option.
- In the column on the left hand side, select the “Apps” option.
- Select the “X” to the right of any game or app to remove it.
- A delete confirmation window will appear. A few things should be noted before the app is deleted. If the user wants to remove all the app’s activity from the account, he should check a check box at the bottom of the delete confirmation window. If the box is not checked, then everything already posted will remain but no new information will be added. In addition, there is also a message stating that information taken from the app may be stored with the company that makes the app. Any information already gleaned from the account will remain with the app maker unless the user contacts the vendor directly and asks the vendor to remove it. Either way, no new information will be stored or collected after the app is removed.
- Click the “Remove” button.
Block Facebook Games
Blocking is useful if a user wants to play the games but does not want the app to post everything on the user’s pages. When there is a posting from a game or app that you do not want to see, simply pass the mouse to the upper right of the posting. A drop-down arrow will appear. Click the drop-down arrow. Select the “Hide…” option. This will stop further postings from the app to the home page.
If a user decides he wants the app back or that he wishes to remove the block, he can go to the Facebook Help Center and find the easiest way to restore the app.
Paul Williams brings a wide range of experiences to his writing. He worked extensively in technology, as a software engineer, technical writer, and now a technology writer. Known as the leader of one of the top American Spacerock bands, his forward-looking music continues to be heard all over the world.