The venerable Macromedia Flash definitely made a significant impact in technology over the last decade; where would Internet advertising or browser-based casual gaming be without it? But 15 years into the 21st Century, what was once state of the art is now acutely obsolete. This point was made obvious by Firefox recently disabling the Flash […]Read more...
1Show OfferingsFor special promotions in your area call (855) 303-2630
- Up to 300Mbps download speeds with upload speeds of up to 7Mbps in all locations, up to 20Mbps in some locations 1-year promo rate.
- Plan not available in all markets. Pricing varies depending on your business’ specific needs. Speak with an agent to verify.
- Modem included.
1Show OfferingsFor special promotions in your area call (888) 328-5885
- Speeds up to 75 Mbps
- Reliability and high speed with fiber-optic technology
- No data caps
- Professional Installation (required): $69.95
- Modem: Use of EarthLink provided modem with Wi-Fi is required. An additional modem fee of either $6.95 per month or a one-time fee of $74.95 will apply.
- Term Commitment (contract): 12 months
- Early Termination Fee: Up to $200.00
2Show OfferingsFor special promotions in your area call (800) 837-4966
- Video chat, stream movies and upload and share on multiple tablets and gaming consoles all at once.
- Standard setup charge is waived ($99.99 value).
- Fios Internet - No annual contract
- Limited-time online offer for new Fios Internet residential customers subscribing to a Fios 100/100 Mbps Internet plan. Promo rates via bill credits and increase after promo period. $10/mo. router charge and ther fees, taxes, equip. charges & terms may apply. Auto Pay (ACH or bank debit card only) & paper-free billing req’d. Subj. to credit approval & may require a deposit.
3Show OfferingsFor special promotions in your area call (800) 280-5849
- Terms: 12 months
- Terms: No contract required
- Security: Suite included
- Speed: Starting at 100 Mbps
- Internet modem included
- No data caps or extra fees
4Show OfferingsFor special promotions in your area call (888) 387-7910
- Modem with WiFi included
- Contract Term: 2 years
- 50 GB Bonus Bytes from 2am - 8am
- Equipment non-return and additional fees apply
- Additional Fees. Equipment lease or purchase required.
- Free standard installation for new Lease subscribers. Not valid with Purchase option.
- Early Termination Fees and/or Unreturned Equipment Fees
Nearby New York Internet Speeds by City
Latest Internet Broadband News for Locke, New York
As many municipalities wait to be chosen as a Google Fiber city or get AT&T’s GigaPower service, some are actually going into the ISP business themselves. We talked about Chattanooga’s public gigabit service a while back, and now a similar initiative is on the drawing board in San Francisco. Local governments increasingly feel fiber-optic Internet […]Read more...
Chances are good that a decent percentage of your Internet activity happens on your smartphone or tablet, either at your house, at the office, or while on vacation. Even when away from your home network, it remains vital to keep an eye on your Internet speed. The major wireless carriers constantly trumpet the quality of […]Read more...
A recent technology breakthrough brings with it the promise of near gigabit speed Internet service over your current coaxial or phone line. The company behind this state of the art technology expects to make it available this year. Whether it actually arrives in consumers’ homes by 2017 remains to be seen, but current Internet providers, […]Read more...
Google recently introduced YouTube Red, the technology giant’s subscription service offering an ad-free YouTube experience. The service’s other major features include allowing you to enjoy downloaded content when not on the Internet and a background play function, which keeps the music going when you are busy with something else on your computer or mobile device. […]Read more...
With the repeal of the FCC’s Net Neutrality rules in December, game developers of all types expressed concerns for the future viability of their craft. Given that both independent and AAA developers are relying more on digital distribution than retail, it’s not just development plans but also distribution and communications that might present bottlenecks. The […]Read more...
Of course, the issues around the FCC Net Neutrality repeal continue unabated. Ajit Pai’s move remains unpopular with Americans of all political stripes. In fact, the governor of a red state, Montana, recently issued a “repeal of the repeal.” Additionally, AT&T introduced an Internet Bill of Rights with an eye towards codifying this nebulous issue […]Read more...
Earlier this week, the president issued an executive order killing the prospective merger between Broadcom and mobile chipmaker, Qualcomm. The reason behind this move relates to fostering the growth of 5G technology across the country. National security concerns also lie at the heart of the decision. News about the blocked Qualcomm purchase appeared this week […]Read more...
Online gaming has evolved a great deal over the past two decades. With humble origins in Flash games made for early websites, to MMORPGs like Everquest breaking the mold in the 1990s, online gaming has exploded into several different categories and is one of the fastest-growing segments of the games industry. Online gaming traffic clocked […]Read more...